General Program Requirements
- Parents must be allowed to visit the center without an appointment anytime during normal hours of operation.
- Staff must demonstrate respect for each child enrolled regardless of gender, ability, cultural, ethnic or religious differences.
- There must be a balance of active and quiet activity. Daily indoor and outdoor activities are to be provided for children to make use of both large and small muscles.
- Children are not to be left unattended at any time.
- A refrigerator and sink must be easily accessible.
- All emergency numbers should be prominently displayed at all times
Infants and Toddlers
- Infants and toddlers must be in separate space away from older children.
- Toys and indoor equipment must be cleaned and disinfected daily. Safe, durable equipment and play materials must be provided.
- Either the day care center or the parent may provide food for infants’ not consuming table food. Feeding times and quantities consumed must be documented in writing in consensus with the parent / guardian.
- Disposable gloves will be provided for daily use.
- All toys and equipment will be washed with appropriate cleansing solutions daily and air dried.
- No food other than Formula Milk, Processed Packaged Milk and or purified portable water may be placed in a bottle for infant feeding. Microwaves are not to be used for bottle warming.
Outdoor Play Area
- Play space must be fenced or otherwise enclosed or protected from traffic and other hazards. There must be a shaded area in summer to protect children from excessive sun exposure.
- All areas of the outdoor play space must be visible to staff at all times.
- Equipment must be free of sharp points or corners, splinters, protruding nails or bolts, loose or rusty parts, the potential for entrapment and/or other hazards.
- All swimming pools must be fenced or otherwise inaccessible to children.
- During hours of operation and at all times that children are present there must be a means for parents of enrolled children to have direct telephone contact with a center staff person.